Steve talks about music for Title Track Day, while Sarah reveals that the only album she’s ever bought is one from *NSYNC. Definitely not the third album, but she can’t remember specifically which one.
Some of the stuff mentioned in this episode:
- The Mix-Up by the Beastie Boys does not have a title track.
- *NSYNC’s Winter Album was just a German-only release of Home For Christmas (plus a bunch of other tracks)
- Bang Howdy Partner by Urban Surf Kings is great (even though it doesn’t have a title track), but Steve’s favorite album of theirs is Surf vs the Flying Saucers. The title track is incredible:
- The Kinks album Steve was trying to remember is Lola Versus Powerman and the Moneygoround, Part One. It does in fact have three title tracks: “Lola,” “The Moneygoround,” and “Powerman.” So he got that right, at least.
- “Hello Nasty” is a lyric in the Beastie Boys album Hello Nasty, but the song it’s from is titled “Putting Shame in Your Game.”